We look forward to welcoming you in Quebec City in October.
Québec City at a Glance
- Founded in 1608 by Samuel de Champlain
- Cradle of French civilization in North America
- Capital city of a province of 7.5 million people
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985 thanks to historic Old Québec
- Seat of the province’s National Assembly
- 9,000 km2 in area
- 250 km northeast of Montréal
- Population 632,000 (Greater Québec City Area)
- 99% of visitors are happy or very happy with the warm Québec welcome
Nurturing Creativity and Passion in Teaching and Learning
In higher education as well as in most other educational contexts, creativity and passion are undoubtedly at the core of all successful initiatives in teaching and learning. From a fundamental standpoint, many scholarly inquiries have been conducted around these aspects over the last 40 years. They have informed us in various ways, mostly general and related to characteristics of individuals who display such capacities. However, research has recently moved from general to subject or domain specific inquiries and now focuses more on situated perspectives on creativity and passion. These dimensions are now being explored from the point of view of various disciplines and in the context of emerging educational technologies, educational development and pedagogical initiatives. The 2014 conference challenges presenters and practitioners to expose their inquiries, perspectives and research outcomes on issues related to the nurturing of creativity and passion in higher education.